Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Nothing Comes Easy

Last week I started a part-time job writing for various websites. You know how most websites have testimonials or comments from their customers or readers? Well, it turns out that some of those are actually planted. A good friend of mine has been doing it for quite some time now. She found an ad in the paper looking for a part-time comments website writer. The owner is some sort of middleman for various foreign sites and needed a couple more writers because of the increase in orders from their contact.

It doesn't pay a whole lot but it's great exercise for my writing. Gets the creative juices flowing, so to speak. It's also pretty time consuming because I'm usually sent 7-15 websites at one time and I have to send 5-10 comments on each site by the next day. You have to read about the products in the website and write positive comments about it, as if you purchased products or availed of their services. Imagine writing 5-10 comments about one site as if you're 5-10 different people. My creativity and imagination has really been stretched to the fullest because of this. Just goes to show there's no such thing as easy money.

Now that we're back in Manila (for good, maybe) I'm looking for writing jobs I can do at home so I can still be hands on with my little girl. I'm thinking of applying as a freelance editor. I just have to update my resume. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Coriander Dreams said...

hi rhea! :) good luck with those sites and comments. and looking for freelance job. i know there are a lot out there. i used to know a site that had a list of freelance writing jobs. il let u know if i find it!

-marie

jan celiz-magtoto said...

hey rhea! goodluck. i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for soon. meantime, check this out 'cause you'll love this! http://labskiddies.blogspot.com/2008/10/coffee-break-ver-140.html