Sunday, April 13, 2008

A ...ty-twoNA Party

For hubby’s birthday, friends bought him a huge tuna which our resident expert cook, Tintin, cooked in several ways. Being the “domestic goddess” that I am (NOT!), I don’t know the exact names of all the dishes but I found it really amazing how one kind of fish could be cooked in so many different ways without people getting “umay” with it. We had barbecued tuna, fish fillet, spicy tuna in coconut milk, sweet & sour tuna, sinigang sa miso type of tuna soup and fried tuna with sesame seeds and herbs. Wow, that’s six different dishes! I ordered the ever-reliable pancit bihon and lumpiang shanghai too for good measure.

Needless to say we had a feast! I’ve never been much of a fish-eater, I always joke with hubby that I must have been a mermaid in my past life. But on that day I had a lot of fun sampling the different fish dishes. Tintin could definitely give Rachael Ray a run for her money.

Hubby and his office buddies played poker until 2:30 am. Raine was in her element. She always enjoys it when there are a lot of people milling around. She would dance around to the music, go to her favorite Titas to be carried and pretend to be conducting her own poker game for one.

Entertainment and recreation facilities are very limited here on Marshall Islands but sharing happy times, a sumptuous meal and being in the company of good friends is the best R & R hands down.

4 comments:

Renz said...

I love Tuna!

I hoped you guys tasted Tuna from

General Santos!

hulag said...

Hello! I am a blog fan from the Philippines. I just happen to discover your site. It is interesting. I find it worth visiting.

all4seasons said...

got tag for u http://www.nsisip.com/2008/04/kids-meme.html

Renz said...

Got a tag for you sis!