Friday, January 16, 2009

Have You Googled Yourself?

I was googling myself just a few minutes ago when lo and behold, what do I find but my first ever published article for an independent website. I got the "job" thru the website helium.com. It's a community for budding writers to share their knowledge on a range of diverse topics on anything under the sun. You can write on subjects of interest to you and if a publisher picks up your work you get paid for it.
The first article I ever wrote was really easy for me. It was about how to hire a professional make-up artist for your wedding. I must have done that piece in less than an hour, because it was something I enjoyed writing about. I knew my entry was chosen but had forgotten that it was to be published in another website, until I googled myself. Haha!
I beg your indulgence. Click on this link to view my article.

No comments: