Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dora and Barney Overload

The past two weeks Raine has been going loco over Dora the Explorer and Barney. At first it was just Dora. Even if she's watched all 4 episodes on the DVD, she would still come up to me and say, "Dowa, Dowa, please!" then she puts her hands together as if begging. She's so cute when she does it that I just have to give in. Well, I like Dora and think she's a great influence for Raine who has learned new words just by watching it, but I can only take so much of the spunky senorita. So I thought of letting her watch Barney too. Now Raine switches between Dora and the purple dinosaur on a daily basis. I let her watch Baby Einstein and Baby Bumblebee educational videos as well but after either is done, she always asks for "Dowa" or "Marney".

I know toddlers love repetition and take comfort in its familiarity. My sister's daughter Annika watches High School Musical every single day. Once during lunch, Raine had just watched an episode of Barney and I switched to cable so I could watch re-runs of Friends. She let out a wail and wouldn't stop crying. Her Dad asked her if she wanted to watch Dora or Friends. Guess what she chose?

No comments: